After you have prepared the presentation by adding backgrounds or using creative bullets, it’s time to play with animations to make your presentation more interesting. Animations can be utilized in Powerpoint so as to add a little bit of aptitude to a presentations. You possibly can animate each textual content or objects on a page as well as create transitions between pages. First you’ll want to pick out the thing that you simply wish to animate, then choose an animation from the “Animations” tab and modify the animation settings to your liking. Here are the steps you can take to add animation to your presentation:
1 Open Powerpoint.
These strategies may also work with comparable free software, like Google Slides or OpenOffice Impress, however the button places and choices could differ.
2 Click on the object you want to animate.
You can click on textual content, shapes and/or pictures to animate.
To pick an entire textual content field, click on on the border of the textual content field. Powerpoint robotically distinguishes textual content separated by a paragraph or bullet break.
3 Go to the “Animations” tab.
That is located within the top menu bar and can show quite a lot of animation choices and controls.
4 Choose the animation you want to.
These are cut up into four classes: entrances, exits, emphasis, and paths. Probably the most lately chosen animation might be set to that object and added to the animation pane.
- You possibly can click on by the animations to see an indication and look at extra animations by scrolling with the arrows on the fitting of the animations field.
- Entrance animations will change how an object enters the web page.
- Exit animations will change how an object leaves the web page.
- Emphasis animations will add motion or highlights to deliver consideration to an object.
- Paths determine a course of motion for an object on the web page.
5 Click on “Add Animation”
so as to add further animations to an object. Choose an animation impact from the dropdown. In the event you try so as to add an animation with out first clicking “Add Animation” it’ll exchange the present animation as an alternative of including to it.
- This step may be repeated multiple times to add as many animations to an object as you want.
6 Click on “Animation pane” (non-compulsory).
This button is situated within the “Superior Animation” part of the “Animation” toolbar and can deliver up a panel displaying your chosen animations on the fitting.
- This is usually a useful gizmo for staying organized when working with a number of animations.
7 Choose an activation possibility for the animation.
Choose one of the choices from the “Start” dropdown in the “Timing” part on the fitting of the Animations toolbar: “On mouse click”, “After previous” or “With previous”.
- “On Mouse Click” will maintain the animation till you click on the mouse.
- “After Previous” will robotically begin the animation after any previous animation (or when the slide seems if there are not any different animations)
- “With Previous” will play the animation similtaneously the earlier animation on that slide.
8 Animation Timings.
This is quite important in the use of animations on slides. There are several animation features that can be used to make the presentation look more interesting.
- Adjust the animation delay. Click on the up or down arrows subsequent to “Delay” within the “Timing” part to vary the period of time delay that happens earlier than an animation takes place.
- The delay begins after the chosen animation motion. That’s if “On Click” is chosen, the delay will begin after the press.
- Adjust the animation duration. Click on the up or down arrows subsequent to “Duration” in the “Timing part to vary the speed of the animation. The next length means the animation will move at a slower speed.
- Reorder animations. Use the arrows in the “Timing” part below the “Reorder Animation” header to maneuver an animation earlier or later in the queue.
- You may also click and drag animation listings in the animation pane.
9 Add a sound effect to an animation.
Within the Animation Pane, click on the down arrow subsequent to an animation and choose “Effect Choices” from the context menu. Go to the “Effect” tab in the window that seems and select from the menu below “Enhancements” to pick out a sound impact from a listing or add one manually.
- Selecting so as to add a sound manually will open up a window to browse for sound information in your laptop, so you will want to have one useful.
10 Click on “Preview”.
This button is on the left aspect of the Animations tab and can run by the animations on the chosen slide.
- There is also a button called “Play Form” on the right panel. This button can be used to play animation too. But, animation will start from the selected object.