Powerpoint has many features that can help simplify our work in terms of presentation. One of which is The Format Background utility. This utility in PowerPoint can allows you to select an image from your computer or online to use as the background for your slide. You can set this background to multiple slides at once, or apply it to your entire presentation.
1 Open the presentation
First things first, open the presentation you want to edit in PowerPoint.
2 Click the Design tab
at the top of the window. This will display the Design tools.
3 Click the “Format Background” button.
You’ll find this on the far right side of the Design ribbon. The Format Background sidebar will appear on the right side of the screen.
4 Select the slides
you want to apply the background to. By default, your background changes will only apply to the active slide.
- You can hold Ctrl / ⌘ Command and click each slide in the slide list on the left that you want to select.
If you want to apply the background to every slide in your presentation, you can do so at the end of this section.
5 Select “Picture or texture fill.”
This will allow you to select a picture to use as the background.
- There are other fill options you can choose from, such as solid colors, gradients, and patterns. Selecting one will display additional options for that type of fill. This guide focuses on adding images and graphics to the background.
6 Choose the image that you want to insert
as the background. To add an image that will not be stretched or squished, it should be 1280 x 720 pixels in size.
- Click the “File” button to select a picture from your computer. A file browser will open, and you can navigate to the image you want to use.
- Click the “Online” button to find pictures from online sources. You can perform a Bing web search, choose images stored in your OneDrive, or grab pictures from your Facebook or Flickr account.
- Click the “Texture” menu to select from a premade texture background. There are a variety of premade textures that you can pick from if you’d rather not insert your own image.
7 The picture is normally just added as the background
for the slides you selected. If you want to apply it to every slide, click the “Apply to All.” This will set the background of every slide to the new image, including slides that you create later.
For another tips to make your PowerPoint more stunning, you can check this easy tutorial on Find out how to Make Animation or Motion pictures with Microsoft PowerPoint
What are your difficulities while working on a presentation? Share it with us!